2020 Tampa Supercross | Provisional Entry List & Injury Report
After six stellar weeks in California, Missouri, and Arizona, the 2020 Monster Energy Supercross Series has packed up and crossed the country for the next leg of the season. The entry list for the 2020 Tampa Supercross is very important because although it will be the seventh straight race for riders in the 450 class, it serves as the start of the 250 East Coast region, which means there is a whole new group of competitors that you need to get familiar with when the gate drops on Saturday night. The 250 class isn’t the only class to get an injection of new names; a number of independent riders in the 450 class will join the series now that it’s on the East Coast.
The mad dash of races at the start of the year often takes a toll on riders and although there are a handful of 450 Class Main Event caliber riders on the sidelines, the series has been very fortunate because no serious issues have occurred. There have been some season-ending crashes, which is always unfortunate, but most of the field hasn’t dealt with much more than a slam in practice or the flu.
Unfortunately, there are a handful of 250 East Coast riders that will miss the start of their region due to injuries from preseason practice crashes, including Colt Nichols, Pierce Brown, and Hunter Lawrence.
2020 TAMPA SUPERCROSS | 250 CLASS PROVISIONAL ENTRY LIST
1E. Chase Sexton | The GEICO Honda rider initially planned to race the 250 West Coast region but suffered a broken collarbone in December, which forced him to the East Coast. The 2019 250 East Coast SX champion, Sexton’s bike will have the red plates in Tampa.
6. Jeremy Martin | This will be the GEICO Honda rider’s true return to racing after more than a year and a half on the sidelines due to a severe back injury and multiple surgeries.
12. Shane McElrath | This will be McElrath’s debut ride with the Monster Energy/Star Racing/Yamaha team.
24. RJ Hampshire | This will be Hampshire’s debut ride with the Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing Team.
36. Garrett Marchbanks
38. Kyle Peters | Peters will race the 250 East Coast region with Phoenix Racing Honda; he raced Arenacross with the team at the start of 2020.
39. Jordan Bailey | This will be Bailey’s debut ride with the TiLube/Buddy Brooks/Honda race team.
43. John Short | After racing two events in the 450 class on the West Coast, Short will contest the full 250 East Coast region with Manluk/K&R Racing.
47. Lorenzo Locurcio | This will be Locurcio’s debut ride with Team PR-MX.
53. Jimmy Decotis | After racing three events in the 450 class on the West Coast, Decotis will contest the full 250 East Coast region with the JGRMX/Yoshimura/Suzuki Factory Racing team.
54. Jordon Smith | This will be Smith’s debut ride with Monster Energy/Pro Circuit/Kawaski.
56. Justin Starling | After racing multiple events in the 450 class on the West Coast, Starling will contest the full 250 East Coast region with the FXR/Chaparral/Honda race team.
66. Enzo Lopes | This will be Lopes’ debut ride with the ClubMX/FXR/ATV’s & More team.
67. Jerry Robin | After racing multiple events in the 450 class on the West Coast, Starling will contest the full 250 East Coast region with the FXR/Chaparral/Honda race team.
68. Nick Gaines
73. Chase Marquier | This will be Marquier’s debut ride with Manluk/K&R Racing.
77. Kevin Moranz
79. Isaac Teasdale | A recent signing, Teasdale with contest the full 250 East Coast region with the JGRMX/Yoshimura/Suzuki Factory Racing team.
84. Jo Shimoda | This will be the GEICO Honda rider’s professional Supercross debut.
96. Justin Thompson
98. Bradley Lionnet
104. Brian Moreau | This will be the Troy Lee Designs/Red Bull/KTM rider’s professional Supercross debut.
116. TJ Albright
122. Jeremy Hand
124. Lane Shaw
125. Luke Neese
128. Carter Halpain
146. Brandon Marley
149. Brice Klippel
151. Carter Gordon
159. Jace Owen | Owen will race the 250 East Coast region with Phoenix Racing Honda; he raced Arenacross with the team at the start of 2020.
161. Brady Gilmore
162. Maxwell Sanford
175. Josh Hill | The longtime racer returns to action in the full 250 East Coast region with the ClubMX/FXR/ATV’s & More team.
185. Wilson Fleming
194. Lance Kobush
197. Dillon Cloyed
201. Cedric Soubeyras | The French rider will contest the 250 East Coast region with ERM/2b Moraco/Munn Racing.
223. Jamison DuClos | This will be the Rock River Yamaha rider’s professional Supercross debut.
247. Brock Papi
251. Ezra Hastings
291. Zane Merrett
296. Ryder Floyd
313. Kyle Swanson
332. Dustin Winter
333. Travis Sewell
349. Grant Harlan | | This will be the TiLube/Buddy Brooks/Honda rider’s professional Supercross debut.
352. Jalek Swoll | This will be the Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing rider’s professional Supercross debut.
355. Joey Crown
357. Kameron Barboa
364. Chad Saultz
367. Hunter Sayles
411. Kobe Heffner
434. Parkner Fleming
528. Ryan Peters
551. Guillaume St-Cyr
570. Cody Vanbuskirk
597. Mason Kerr
637. Bobby Piazza
711. Tristan Lane
795. Aaron Leininger
815. Colton Eigenmann
824. Carter Stephenson
OUT WITH INJURIES OR OTHER ISSUES
13. Colt Nichols | A shoulder injury in the offseason will sideline the Monster Energy/Star Racing/Yamaha rider for the opening rounds. He is hopeful to return to action at the Indianapolis Supercross.
35. Hunter Lawrence | | A shoulder injury in the offseason will sideline the GEICO rider for the opening rounds. He is hopeful to return to action in time for Supercross, but when exactly remains to be determined.
49. Chris Blose | The FXR/Chaparral/Honda rider will miss an extended period of time with arm/hip/internal injuries from a crash at the Glendale Supercross.
163. Pierce Brown | A small shoulder injury will keep the Troy Lee Designs/Red Bull/KTM rider from racing the opening rounds. He is hopeful to return to action at the Atlanta Supercross.
2020 TAMPA SUPERCROSS | 450 CLASS PROVISIONAL ENTRY LIST
1. Cooper Webb | The Red Bull KTM rider is now third in the championship; he trails leader Ken Roczen by nine points.
3. Eli Tomac | The Monster Energy Kawasaki rider is now second in the championship; he trails Ken Roczen by one point.
4. Blake Baggett
7. Aaron Plessinger
9. Adam Cianciarulo
10. Justin Brayton
11. Kyle Chisholm
15. Dean Wilson
16. Zach Osborne
20. Broc Tickle | This will be Tickle’s return to competition after an 18-month suspension from the FIM-WADA for an anti-doping violation. He will race the remainder of the Supercross season as a fill-in rider at JGRMX/Yoshimura/Suzuki Factory Racing.
21. Jason Anderson
22. Chad Reed
27. Malcolm Stewart
34. Tyler Bowers
37. Martin Davalos
44. Kyle Cunningham
46. Justin Hill
50. Benny Bloss
51. Justin Barcia
61. Alex Ray
64. Vince Friese
65. James Weeks
71. Ryan Breece
86. Josh Cartwright
88. Logan Karnow
94. Ken Roczen | The Team Honda HRC rider continues to lead the championship standings.
184. Scott Champion
211. Tevin Tapia
280. Cade Clason
282. Theodore Pauli
330. AJ Catanzaro
393. Daniel Herrlein
412. Jared Lesher
447. Deven Raper
501. Scotty Wennerstrom
509. Alex Nagy
597. Mason Kerr
606. Ronnie Stewart | The longtime racer returns to competition with the newly formed Ronnie Stewart Racing Powered By Yuasa Battery team.
675. Kyle Dillin
722. Adam Enticknap
848. Joan Cros
976. Josh Greco
981. Curren Thurman
OUT WITH INJURIES OR ISSUES
17. Joey Savatgy | The JGRMX/Yoshimura/Suzuki Factory Racing rider will miss an undetermined amount of time due to an ankle injury suffered at the AUS-X Open Supercross in 2019.
19. Justin Bogle | The Rocky Mountain ATV-MC/WPS/KTM rider will sit out an undetermined amount of time due to the concussion he suffered at the Glendale Supercross.
31. Fredrik Noren | The JGRMX/Yoshimura/Suzuki Factory Racing rider is expected to miss the next 12 weeks due to a lower leg injury suffered at the St. Louis Supercross.
70. Dylan Merriam | The privateer will miss an extended period of time due to a broken collarbone and ribs.
111. Dakota Tedder | The Monster Energy/Team Tedder/KTM rider is still recovering from a year-long wrist injury and is not yet certain when he will return.
421. Vann Martin | The Team AllSouth rider suffered a torn patella tendon in a crash at the St. Louis Supercross and will miss multiple rounds of the series.