The Ultimate Bicycle Cleaning Kit from Muc-Off | Product Report
Ultimate Bicycle Cleaning Kit – $124.99
I must admit, I was rather intimidated when it came to washing my Specialized Enduro. I mean, who wouldn’t be nervous about the upkeep on a bicycle that costs about the same as a new dirtbike, right? Up until a few years ago, all I knew was motocross and all I knew when it came to washing my dirtbike was blasting dirt and grime off with the pressure washer. However, growing up riding BMX bikes in the dirt, I knew better than to pressure-wash my mountain bike, as I can vividly recall a few lectures from my dad about ruining my bearings and bottom bracket from doing so.
Fortunately for me, the folks at Muc-Off sell the ultimate bicycle cleaning kit, literally, that’s the product’s name. This kit comes with anything and everything you would need to keep that bicycle of yours shifting, rolling, and shining like new. You’re not only provided with the soaps, brushes, and sponges necessary to clean your rig, but also lubricants and protectants to keep those gears shifting smoothly and your frame shimmering in the sunlight. After about a month of use, we’re going to break down the Ultimate Bicycle Cleaning Kit and highlight some of our favorite features that make cleaning and taking care of your mountain bike a breeze.
Included in the Ultimate Bicycle Cleaning Kit
- Award-winning Bike Cleaner
- Microcell Sponge
- Soft Washing Brush
- Detailing Brush
- Two Prong Brush
- Microfibre Cloth
- Drivetrain Cleaner
- Bike Protect
- Bio Wet Lube
- Sick A$$ Tool Box
The Drivetrain Cleaner and Claw Brush are probably my favorite items in the kit. There is a slight chance someone, certainly not me, ran out of chain lube and used some moto lube on one occasion, leading to some pretty thick and sticky clogs throughout our chain and derailleur. However, that guck and grime stood no chance for the Muc-Off Drivetrain cleaner, especially when we got in there with the Claw Brush.
The Expanding Pink Sponge is another awesome feature in the kit. I love the Black, Raw finish on my Specialized frame and try and do my best to not scratch it when avoidable and that’s really where the sponge came in clutch. I was able to wipe down and even scrub my bike without scratching the frame or my orange Fox 38 forks.
The Nano Tech Bike Cleaner is probably the standout product included in the Ultimate Bicycle Cleaning Kit. I had always heard great things about this cleaner, but I truly was impressed after using it first-hand. You can practically watch it break down dirt and grime seconds after applying. Pair this with a few sprays of the Bike Protect after drying and watch your bike come back to showroom condition.
- From wheels to chains, the kit offers a different style of brush for each bicycle part that allows the user to scrub the most difficult areas.
- Leave swirl marks in the past with the Premium Microfibre Polishing Cloth.
- Nano Tech Bike Cleaner literally dissolves the dirt and grime for you. Enough said.
- Bike Protect keeps corrosion and water away with its high oil content.
- Your bike will seriously never look cleaner.
- We’re a little heavy on the Bike Protect spray, so we had to order an additional can.
- About the only thing the kit doesn’t come with are some sweet stickers. Would be cool to let everyone know what’s keeping our bike so clean on the trails.
- Although the soaps and sprays may smell amazing, we do NOT recommend a taste test.
In conclusion, the Ultimate Bicycle Cleaning Kit is simply your one-stop-shop for cleaning, maintaining, and protecting whatever form of bicycle you have. If you’re going to spend thousands of dollars on a mountain bike, road-bike, or even a beach cruiser; head to Muc-Off and invest some money into keeping your bike shining and rolling like new.